Sunday, April 29, 2012


It is done!

While it comes much, much later than I anticipated, I am pretty happy with what I have done here. It took a while to accept that not everything was going to be perfect, and to allow myself to learn as a went. Once that sunk in, I really pushed myself, trying new techniques and just putting in the brush time.

The biggest difference came, of course, here in the last week of work, as I got to attend some really great painting classes last weekend at Adepticon, one led by Chris Borer and another with Mathieu Fontaine. I decided I wasn't going to go back over each model, as I would drive myself nuts and really turn this into the project that never ends. I am ready to move on, and very happy with overall look and feel (not that I couldn't go through and find half a hundred things to fix...).

Now comes the best part: finding a happy home for these models! I started this project with the firm intention of selling them and having 100% of the proceeds going to the Livestrong Foundation. This is what has really kept me from ever truly putting them on the back-burner, and has really pushed me to do my best. I am going to do my research and look at how to design a good Ebay page and then link it to Livestrong through their Giving Works section, which allows my profit from Ebay to go straight to the LS Foundation.

Without further ado, the army! (Sorry for the crappy pictures, I'll work on taking better ones soon)